Floods and burst pipes can quickly turn your basement into a pool. While you can’t control these events, you can stop them from damaging your property. At Oak Plumbing, we can help you choose the most suitable sump pump to keep your home dry in an emergency.
Our licensed, bonded, and insured plumbers in Benicia, CA, provide sump pump repair, maintenance, and installation services. We can guide you every step of the way, from choosing the right sump pump, setting it up at your home’s lowest point, creating the drainage system, and completing the electrical work.
We don’t just handle sump pumps—you can also call on us for burst pipe repair if they spring a leak!
Benefits of Sump Pump Installation
Sump pumps shield you from costly property repairs, cleaning bills, and furniture replacements any time there’s water in your basement or crawlspace.
- Flood protection: If you live in a flood-prone zone, a sump pump will prevent water from filling up your basement and minimize related hazards like electrical shorts and slip and fall accidents.
- Safeguard against burst pipes: With a sump pump installed, if a water pipe bursts while you’re at work or on a long vacation, you know that these emergencies won’t be soaking carpets, furniture, and everything else in your home.
Types of Sump Pumps
While both types of sump pumps serve the same purpose, there are some differences between the two. Which will serve your needs best will depend on your needs and preferences.
- Submersible Sump Pumps: This style of pump is, as the name implies, designed to be submerged and is installed in a pit. They are quiet and more durable than pedestal pumps, but also harder to maintain.
- Pedestal Sump Pumps: Pedestal-style pumps are designed to stay above water and sit on a tall pedestal with an impeller at the base. They are generally louder and prone to overheating, but they cost less to install and are easier to access for maintenance.
No matter what type of sump pump you prefer, our team can install it. You can count on us for superior sump pump services.
We offer plumbing services for both residential and commercial plumbing customers—call today.
Common Sump Pump Issues
Your sump pump is a key component of your property’s drainage system and should be kept in top condition. If you notice odd noises or any of the issues below, it’s best to get in touch with our team for sump pump repair.
- Power loss: Sump pumps rely on electricity to function, so when blackouts occur during storms or circuit breaker trips, your pumps will stop working too. To prevent this, we can set up a backup battery system.
- Clogging: Uncovered sump pumps collect debris and dirt. These can jam the pump’s parts, including its float switch.
- Frozen or jammed discharge pipes: Blocked or frozen discharge pipes can’t lead water away from your home’s basement and foundation.
Let our certified plumbers handle your sump pump maintenance and other commercial and residential plumbing needs. We will conduct an in-depth evaluation and propose efficient, long-term solutions.