Destroying lawns to fix damaged sewer lines is a thing of the past—times have changed. There are many new techniques available. Two of the most common options that we use at Oak Plumbing are trenchless sewer relining and trenchless sewer repair.
Our experienced plumbers can have your sewer and plumbing system working at peak performance again with no digging or damage. We serve all of Benicia, CA, and the surrounding area—get in touch with our team to get started.
Not sure if your line is damaged? Not a problem—we also offer sewer line video inspections!
What is Trenchless Pipe Installation and Sewer Line Repair?
Unlike traditional plumbing techniques that required plumbers to become construction workers and excavate pipes to fix them, trenchless repair requires no digging. We use a wide variety of techniques to identify problems and fix pipes without the need to tear up your lawn.
One of the most common techniques we use to fix a trenchless sewer installation involves running an inflatable balloon through the pipe. This balloon is surrounded by a felt sleeve saturated with two-part epoxy resin. Once we're happy with the position of the balloon, we'll blow it up, forcing the felt sleeve into contact with the existing pipe, filling up leaks, and reinforcing the structure of the pipe.
Once the epoxy has set correctly, we can remove the felt liner and the inflatable balloon, leaving you with a pipe that's as good as new.
The Advantages and Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Line Repair
The main advantage of no-dig sewer repair is that we don't have to do construction work in addition to plumbing. Several benefits arise from this, including:
- Faster: Since we don't have to dig, we can repair your pipe within days instead of weeks or months
- Cleaner: We won't have to disturb your beautiful landscaping or fill your garden with mud, muck, and grime
- Higher-quality: Modern techniques result in higher-quality repairs. During our trenchless sewer line installations, we'll use polyethylene piping, which is resistant to cracks, tree roots and offset pipes, leading to fewer problems in the future
- More affordable: In addition to using less labor, trenchless jobs are also faster. These two factors lead to increased savings that go directly into your pocket.
Just a clog? Our hydro-jetting services can clear that up in no time!
When Do We Recommend No Dig Sewer Repair?
We recommend trenchless repairs for clogged sewer line repairs, as well as for new sewer line installations and leak repairs. Signs that you have a clogged pipe or leak include:
- Standing water around the sewer line
- Slow draining sinks
- A strong smell of sewage in your home
- Multiple clogged drains
- Wet patches in the yard
Trenchless sewer line repair is rapidly becoming the gold standard for pipe repairs and new installations.