Whether you have well water or city water, the water you use for drinking, hygiene, and food preparation can contain contaminants such as bacteria and chemicals that could harm your family’s health.
A whole-home water filtration system is the ideal solution to remove these pollutants and ensure that your water is safe—and you won’t find a better water filtration installation company in Benicia, CA, than Oak Plumbing. We are a 3-year Angie’s List A+ member and Diamond Certified provider of water filtration system installation, repairs, and other plumbing services.
Did hard water damage your fixtures? Contact us for professional plumbing repair services.
Filtration Systems for Safe Drinking Water
Water treatment plants remove the most harmful water pollutants from city water. However, these plants add chemicals such as fluoride and chlorine to the water. If you have well water, your water may also be high in minerals that can affect its taste.
Worse, as water flows through soil and pipes, it picks up pesticides, volatile organic compounds, food processing waste, and pollutants from livestock operations. Over time, drinking water with these contaminants can result in several waterborne diseases, including respiratory infections, gastroenteritis, diarrhea, hepatitis, and encephalitis.
A whole-home water filtration system can remove most of the 2,100 known contaminants that can be found in drinking water from your well or water treatment plants, preventing these debilitating health conditions.
Let our team install a quality, cost-effective water filtration system in your home to ensure that your family has water that is safe, clean, and healthy.
Benefits of a Water Filtration System Installation
In addition to cleaning the water that you drink, a water filtration system also offers the following benefits:
- Eliminating the need to buy plastic bottles, which protects the environment and lowers costs
- Alleviating skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Mineral removal prevents hard water and reduces plumbing repair costs
- Improving the taste of drinking water
- No contaminant deposits and soap scum on clothes
- Protection from water contamination
Is a sewer line defect causing waste removal and hygiene issues on your property? We offer professional sewer repair services.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
The water filtration systems available for residential and commercial use fall into three general system categories:
- Activated Carbon: These filters remove heavy metals, chemicals, and parasites. Activated charcoal has a large surface area, allowing for maximum contaminant exposure to the active sites within the filter media.
- Reverse Osmosis: Reverse Osmosis systems force water through a semi-permeable membrane and consist of either five, six, or seven filtration stages. Reverse osmosis systems are the most effective for residential use.
- Cation Exchange: Cation exchange systems, or water softeners, attract negatively charged ions with positively charged ions, removing minerals such as magnesium and calcium.