Your water heater is one of the most critical appliances in your home. Without it, you would have no hot water to shower, do your laundry or wash dishes. That’s why it’s important to have a water heater repair expert you can always call upon at the first sign of a malfunction.
Oak Plumbing offers dependable water heater repair, replacement, maintenance and installation services in and around Vacaville, CA. Even if your unit is not showing any signs of a serious malfunction, scheduling regular maintenance can help to ensure peak performance.
If you suspect a leak in your plumbing system, contact us for professional water leak detection services.
Common Water Heater Issues
When your water heater is acting up, it’s important to find a solution as soon as possible. Here are some common water problems you may experience.
- No hot water
- Dirty or rusty colored water
- Smelly hot water
- Not enough hot water
- The water temperature is too hot or too cold
- Leaking water heater
- Strange noises
While some of these issues require nothing more than a quick fix, it’s important to seek professional advice or assistance to ensure you’re doing things right.
How Long Does a Water Heater Last?
The type of water heater you have plays a huge role in determining its expected lifespan. Traditional tank-style water heaters will generally last about 10 years. An electric tank-style water heater can typically last about a year or two longer than a gas one.
Tankless water heaters have an expected useful life of up to 20 years.
Want softer, cleaner and safer water for your family? Check out our water filtration system services.
Hot Water Heater: Repair vs Replace
Deciding if you should repair or replace your water heater is a critical decision. Here are a few considerations to help you make an informed decision.
- The age of the heater: If your unit is still under warranty, fixing it may the best solution. An older unit, on the other hand, should be replaced to reduce operating costs.
- Leaks: Once your tank is leaking, chances are it’s beyond repair and needs to be replaced.
- Not enough hot water: Has your family grown or did you remodel your kitchen and bath? If so, your needs may surpass the capacity of your current unit. As such, it may be time to purchase a larger capacity water heater.
At Oak Plumbing, our plumbers are well equipped to inspect your Vacaville home, evaluate your needs and advise you on the best option.