Leaks will decrease the efficiency of your plumbing and cause water damage to your property, but they can be challenging to locate without professional experience and tools. At Oak Plumbing, we provide award-winning water leak detection and repair services in Vacaville, CA, and the surrounding area. Our customized solutions provide lasting results, and we respond quickly to minimize damage to your home.
Our expert plumbers can find the exact cause behind your plumbing problems—schedule a professional sewer video inspection.
What Causes Water Line Leaks?
Leaks in your plumbing can happen for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Tree roots: Plants seeking moisture and nutrients may break into your plumbing system.
- Construction: Accidental water line damage can occur from nearby projects.
- Freezing temperatures: Water expands as it turns into ice and breaks surrounding pipes.
- Untreated clogs: Blockages cause water pressure to build until the pipe bursts.
- Aging pipes: Corrosion and cracks from exposure to minerals weaken pipes over time, making them susceptible to leaks.
By taking preventative measures, you can decrease the likelihood that your plumbing will suffer from leaks. Insulating pipes, scheduling regular professional cleaning, and clearing the area of obstacles will help you avoid paying for costly water damage in the future.
Signs That You Need Water Leak Repair
While you need to work with a water leak detection company to pinpoint the location of plumbing issues, as a homeowner, you should keep an eye out for signs of a leak. Some common indicators of water leaks include:
- Mold growth from increased humidity near the leak
- Increased water bill payments despite no change in usage
- Low water pressure plus unusual noises
- Stains or damp spots on interior surfaces such as walls, floors, and ceilings
If you do have a leak, we’re here to help with top-quality burst and frozen pipe repair services.
Our Trenchless Leak Detection Technology
While older methods required plumbers to break into your walls or floor to find leaks, we use the latest technology to pinpoint problems with no damage. One process involves a digital meter that measures the water pressure in sections of the pipes to assess likely leak locations.
Our experts typically use infrared video technology to find water leaks. This high-definition camera attaches to a flexible cable that lets it travel through various pipe shapes without damaging the system. It can capture images at different angles. Not only does this close inspection inform us of the exact location of your leak, but it also helps us diagnose the cause and determine the most effective solution.